Google has become world’s most valuable company. Nearly everyone starts their journey with google search. google have 15 exabite data in thier data centres. 1 exabite is 1 billion GB. There are lot of things to write down about google but today, I will posts top 30 interesting facts about google
1. Google is internet’s most visited website according to Alexa.
Well this information was need less as nearly everyone starts their journey with google search.
2. Google became the world’s largest search engine in June 2000.
They archived this milestone just after their 2 years of launch.
3. Currently Google can analyze around millions of pages a second, whereas it is 30-40 pages at initial days.
4. ”Google” is added as a verb in the Oxford English Dictionary in June 2006.
As a result of increasing popularity and dominance the word “Google” was added in Oxford in its eleventh edition.
5. Google surpassed one billion unique visitors in May 2011.
That time google was the first internet company to reach that benchmark.
6. US $50 billion is the annual revenue for Google in the year 2012. Google announced it on January 2013.
7. Google operates 70 offices in more than 40 countries.
Google have four offices in India.
8. In early 1999, Google founders decided to sell it for US$1 million to Excite CEO but they refused it.
Well, As of May 2017 Google’s Net Worth Is US $498 billion. How much unlucky and fool to reject that offer.
9. Initial public offering of Google took place on August 19, 2004.
10. Keyhoke, Inc. is the company which developed a product called Earth viewer which gave a 3-D view of the Earth. Google acquired it and renamed it as Google Earth on 2005.
Google Has Bought A lot of companies. This was one of them.
11. The first April Fool’s joke was in 2000 when Google announced it’s mind reading ability for searches called “MentalPlex.”
12. Did you know that Google has the ability to analyze and track a persons online behavior and Google inform its advertisers the sites they visited and the ads they clicked.
Thats Called artificial intelligence which used by many big internet companie.
13. Google has acquired around 127 companies in 12 years.
They bought lot of independent companies and acquired them. youtube, keyhole (Today’s Google Earth), DoubleClick (Today’s Adsence) were few of them.
14. 56% of the internet users Google about themselves.
Well, Nothing to describe about this, even I’ve searched about my self more than once.
15. Google is used by 57% american kids as their first word.
In India, Our kids speek “Maa” or “Papa” as their first word. well thats the popularity of google.
16. Recently some core Google services went down for 5 minutes which lead to a drop of 40% of worldwide internet traffic.
That incident was happed on August 19 2013. Internet losts of its 40% traffic.
17. ”Don’t be evil” is the unofficial slogan of Google.
This was introduced in 2000 in code of conduct.
18. 95116 years, this is the time it will take for you to do a manual search 50 billion web pages of Google, at one minute a page.
This is way google is so much useful.
19. 88 languages can be used in Google home page.
They have done this so everyone can use google with thier languages and English will not be necessary for google. however, you can translate remaining languages in your language with Google Translate.
20. Google Processes around 20 petabytes of information daily.
Lot of data !!
21. Google rents goats, this isn’t a joke!. Google rents them to cut the amount of weed.
This is weird. Google claims the goats will cost about the same as lawn mowers would. And a border collie named Jen will be brought onto Google’s payroll to help with the herding as well, apparently. No word on how the maintenance workers who previously had this job feel about losing work to goats.
22. Google’s first tweet was in binary format which means “i’m feeling lucky”.
That was posted on 24 February 2009.
23. Brin and page considered calling Google as “What Box”. But they dropped the idea as it sounds like “wet box”, which sounded like some kind of porn.
No words for this.
24. Google pays Mozilla Millions of dollars a year as Firefox web browser uses Google as the default search provider.
Because it give a lot of traffic to google and there is competition for search engines and Google won’t let any search engine to compete.
25. Google site traffic is doubled, when Google introduced its “Did you mean?”.
This is still most useful thing in Google Search. This corrects misspelled sentence.
26. The prime reason that Google’s home page is bare, due to the fact that the founders of Google want a quick interface and don’t know HTML.
Well, When Google was invented, HTML was a much smaller markup language.
27. Did you know that Google logo was not centered until 2001.
I bet, You didn’t knew this !!
28. Many employees of Google became instant millionaires when Google went public
What you will call these employees? lucky? clever?
29. Google encourages its employees to use 20% of their time working on their own projects. Google News, Orkut are such examples.
Google always thinking for something new, something creative so that stay 1st in competition with other search engines like Bing.
30.”BlackRub” is the nick name given by the founders to the search engine, They changed it to Google, originated by misspelling the word “googol”.
The Word “googol” means very huge number. That number is equivalent to ten raised to the power of a hundred.
So these was the Top Interesting Facts. I could write a lot more but didn’t wanted to bore you.
If I missed any interesting fact or type something wrong then please comment.
Also, Comment down your view on these facts of google.